Sunday, May 3, 2009

Time for some orthodontic wax :(

Oh my, I remember when I got my braces 5+ months ago and could not stand all the sore spots on my lips and inner cheek thanks to the railroad tracks installed on my teeth.

Well luckily this doesn’t happen very often but for the past two weeks I have been pestered by an open sore spot on my lower lip (almost healed now) caused by one rebellious bracket.

And then the one that annoys me the most these days is on the linen of my inner cheek, right beside the bracket that is on my last upper right molar (no I don’t have wisdom teeth). For some reason there is something there that is hurting my cheek. It has something like a tit as if it was caused by a wire that pulls the cheek linen out and then dislodges itself.

I examined that bracket and there is no protruding wire so I guess it must be the bracket itself that is injuring my cheek and causing that much discomfort.

So, I had no other alternative than to pull out some orthodontic wax to cover the offending bracket at least until the inflammation goes away or I get to visit my orthodontist 10,000 kilometers away.

By the way in the link “Orthodontic Personal Care” on the right you can find the items I have found most helpful to cope with braces.

No comments: