Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oops! wires popped out, who can help me?

It was bound to happen though I was hoping not so soon... Given that I can no longer eat the delicious things in life I was having some natural fiber in the form of Mango chunks I bought as a salad in the supermarket.

Apparently some chunks were not as ripe and as a result the arches (archwire) that terminates on the very last molar has popped out of its hole. To my surprise this happened on both sides of the lower jaw so both ends of the archwire are now lose.

I hope some orthodontist here can help me because I won't be seen my "home" orthodontist for another 5 months! I can't manipulate them (the back teeth!) myself and I don't have any tools for that. I also wonder if doing that might cause any further damage.

1 comment:

Lord of Wings said...

I realized the wire has popped out on both (left and right) of the very last molars of the lower jaw.

Don't know what to do, don't want the wire to break and swallow it. Can't fix it myself and here abroad no darn orthodontist seems to be willing to lend a hand!