Friday, January 30, 2009

The tools of the trade...

Having reached my first two (2) months with braces I have found these things to be time savers and ameliorate the nasty things of wearing braces...
  • Using regular flossing which is time consuming with braces? struggling with the threader? well, get yourself the Super Floss from Oral B! it comes in a box with 50 of them, each having a built-in threader, a thick floss section for the brackets and a regular floss section for the flossing. A time saver! a bit expensive but well worth it!
  • Get the WaterPik! nothing like a jet of water to help cleaning those teeth and brackets!
  • A good mouth wash without alcohol. IF you are given a special mouth wash such as PerioGard for use after a periodontal treatment or oral surgery, use it only for no more than a week or it will stain your teeth! it happened to me because I thought I could just finish the bottle.
  • Get a pack of mini-brushes.

No comments: